Pregnancy massage is a wonderful way to help reduce stress and promote general well being.
- Aids circulation, easing the load on the mother’s heart
- Alleviates muscular discomforts, tension and knots
- Helps to reduce depression/anxiety caused by hormonal changes
- Relieves the normal discomforts which comes along with pregnancy, especially for working mothers to be
- Soon and relax nervous tension, helping you to sleep better and deeper.
In the first trimester you will able to lie prone (on your stomach) or sidelying depending on what is most comfortable for you.
In your second and third trimester you will be in a side lying position. You will be in a foetal postion, your hips and knees at 90 degrees with the support of pillows between your knees to keep your hips in a neutral position. There will be additional support from a wedge pillow under your belly to give your back a little break and you will have a towel roll to hug which will provide support for your growing chest
The only item you need to supply is your most comfortable pillow to rest your head on. And lastly you will be comfortably and adequately draped with a sheet.
Sounding pretty good?
*Two Circles Massage is a Melbourne business. Run by Katrina Nurse Remedial Massage Therapist. Specializing in pregnancy Massage and infant massage. *